112 negative COVID test results received
2 December 2020
by Ministry of Health
The Ministry of Health is pleased to announce that on Monday, November 30, 2020 a batch of 112 negative test results were received. In accordance with the Ministry of Health’s protocol, all individuals who have negative test results will be contacted by the health practitioner from the Respiratory Clinic where the test was done. Everyone who is tested is required to remain in quarantine until he or she receives a call about their test results
Today, Tuesday December 1, 2020 the Ministry of Health has reported 7 recoveries bringing the new total number of active cases currently in country to 119. At present, all of the active cases are stable and doing well. To date, Saint Lucia has recorded a total of 138 recoveries in country.
Everyone is asked to continue adhering to the protocols and advisories issued by the Government of Saint Lucia. We should all have a great level of awareness when commuting via public transportation, undertaking daily routine activities, going into public places to transact business or within our working spaces. Let us all take extra precaution to protect our families, colleagues, friends and neighbors against this virus.
Let us continue practicing daily the infection prevention and control measures to reduce the spread of the virus.
- Wash and sanitize hands often during the day
- Ensure a mask is always used while in public and ensure it covers both the mouth and nose
- Sanitize frequently touched surfaces often using a bleach solution
- Follow the floor markers in public spaces to maintain the recommended physical distance.
- If experiencing flu-like symptoms, keep away from others and seek medical care immediately at the closest respiratory clinic
- Avoid contact with other people who have flu-like symptoms
The Ministry of Health and Wellness will continue providing updates as new information becomes available.